We are now the first and presently the only carpet cleaning company in Illinois to have achieved accreditation and certification for the proper care and handling of Persian, Oriental, and Fine Wool Rugs through the IICRC sponsored Fine Wool Rug Care Training. Our in-plant process is the only method to properly clean all wool rugs. Most homeowners are not aware that the typical carpet cleaner will most likely cause irreparable damage to their fine wool rugs by employing incorrect cleaning methods and incorrect chemistry. Essentially, wool rugs require aggressive yet delicate care and appropriate chemistry to clean them accurately.
The price you pay for a fine wool rug may not accurately reflect the true cost of that rug. Most fine wool rugs are Persian or Oriental. There are other rugs, such as those from Spain for instance, where rug making was introduced in 711 AD. A true Persian rug came from present day Iran, where many of the same families, clans, and villages have produced the same patterns employing the same hand woven techniques for over 2500 years. A high quality hand-woven rug of about 9′ x 12′ could take 3 weavers working 10 hours per day, 6 days per week, over a year to complete. You may pay retail anywhere from $300.00 to as high several thousand dollars for that rug. The price paid should have been significantly higher, however, the prices are “artificially” low due to extremely low labor rates in the Asian and Chinese markets. Proper cleaning and appropriate care is not related to the price paid for the rug.
Drop off your Fine Wool and Persian rugs to 10611 Wolf Dr, Huntley, IL 60142. Pick-Up and Delivery Service is also available.
The steps to clean fine wool rugs are:
- Unroll Area Rug for Inspection.
- Thoroughly Pre-Vacuum Face Fibers of Carpeting to Remove Soiling.
- Turn Area Rug Over “Face-Down”.
- Dust/”Beat” Area Rug to Remove Excess Soiling.
- Transfer to Wash Pit and Pre-Condition.
- Fill Wash Pit with Fresh Water.
- Agitation and Suspension of Particulates with Counter Rotational Rotary Scrubbing Device.
- Drain Dirty Water and Remove Excess Water from Area Rug.
- Fresh Water Rinse.
- Drain Water and Remove Excess Water from Area Rug.
- Power-Vacuum Extraction of All Moisture from Rug.
- Transfer Rug to Cleaning Area. Power Rinse and Extract Backing of Area Rug.
- Turn Area Rug “Face Up”, Power Rinse, and Extract Surface/Face of Area Rug.
- Fringe Cleaning.
- Dry Face Down on Clean Floor with Power Fans Directing Air Beneath Area Rug Allowing Area Rug to “Float”.
- Post-Cleaning Inspection.
- (Contingent Upon Passing All Previous Steps) Wrap in Craft Paper
- Deliver to Client.